Today’s STRESSBUSTER is super easy. It’s all about drinking more water.
That’s right, drinking water will lower your stress, because if you don’t get enough water, you’re putting unneeded stress on your body. Every organ in our bodies requires water, including the largest organ, our skin. Water carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, helps regulate our body’s temperature, gets rid of toxins, and so much more.
A few years ago, I was in the Emergency Room; after blood work, they found out that I was dehydrated. Sometimes we get too busy to even think about getting a glass of water. Drinking more water will detox you. Your brain is made up of 75% water. I’ve heard that 2% dehydration can make us stupid. That’s because the cells in your brain are 85% water.
So today I want to share some tips on how you can get more water:
1. I have this little Post-it Note on my desk to remind me to drink more water.
2. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is drink water.
3. Chug it – it forces me to get in my 50 ounces a day. Why 50 ounces? I weigh 100 pounds, so I cut that in half and that’s how many ounces of water I should drink in a day. If you’re 120 pounds, you should be drinking 60 ounces, and so forth.
4. I try to take a bottle of water with me anytime I go out the door.
5. My favorite tip is to drink water infused with fruits and herbs.
(WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW ON HOW TO MAKE INFUSED WATER)
If you want to be healthier, more productive on the job, and in a better mood, then drink more water. My name is Desi, your Stress Less Coach.